Labour group take the transformation tour
Last week (Thursday 15 September) members of the Bristol Labour group paid a visit to Colston Hall, taking a tour of the building and hearing about our ambitious plans for our transformation.
Bristol Music Trust Chief Executive Louise Mitchell and Colston Hall staff welcomed councillors including the Deputy Mayor and Cabinet Member for Culture, Cllr Estella Tinknell.
The group were shown around the auditorium and backstage areas by our General Manager Nick Craney, who explained how the Hall would be transformed into a world-class centre for entertainment, education and enterprise. Councillors were particularly impressed by the cellars and the vast opportunity this space presented to the city’s cultural infrastructure. The redevelopment will transform the cellars into a third venue and fully accessible educational spaces, supporting our wider ambition to become a Centre for Advanced Training (CAT) for young musicians with special education needs and disability (SEND).
- Cllr Estella Tinknell, Deputy Mayor & Deputy Leader of Labour Group; Lockleaze
- Cllr Fabian Breckels, St George Troopers Hill ward
- Cllr Carole Johnson, Ashley ward
- Cllr Mike Davies, Ashley ward
- Cllr Mhairi Threlfall, Eastville ward
- Cllr Jo Sergeant, Avonmouth and Lawrence Weston ward
- Laura Protheroe, Members’ Support Officer